H, L Visa (H1, H4, L1, L2, H2, H3) Post New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H, L Visa (H1, H4, L1, L2, H2, H3) Post New Thread

Hi guys, just a few questions to assist me in making a decision about my options.

I am a Canadian citizen on H1B due to expire on 11/15/2008 (end of 6 years). I have however filed for adjustment of status as a derivative to my wife whose I-140 was approved last year but the adjustment of status visa has never been available. I now suspect that it may not be available until after my H1B has expired. I have children (H4s) who can't even file for adjustment of status because the visas are not available one of whom (my son) will be turning 21 years on 12/25/2008.

1. Can I change my status to TN when I have filed for adjustment of status without invoking the dual intent rule? Professionally qualification for TN is not a problem. If so can I send in the application without going to the border and would that mean applying for everyone in my family including my wife?

2. Can I request for extension of my H1B based on the fact that I have applied for adjustment of status and that I am waiting for the visa?

3. Will my son be able to apply and adjust his status if the visa becomes available after he is 21 years old?

4. Can I apply for EAD through my wife's employment-based application and still be in status along with my children?

5. Is there any other alternative that I can utilize?

Thanks in advance and for the good job you're doing.

What is your wife's status?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X