Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leap frog after COS effective date

Hello sir,
    My L1 to H1 Change of status active from October 1st(this year). I tried to get the offers till September 30 and no luck because of job market.
    I want to continue on L1 till i get offer. But COS is active from Oct 1st and there is no L1 for me. I saw about Leap frog. But my bad luck, it is September 30 now. Can i do Leap frog after My change of status effective??
    Hello txh1b,
    Could you please suggest me, that i can stay here with pay( on L1 )

Thankyou somuch.

this might help a little http://immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49075

Comment

What about the statement that you must be working for your H1B employer on Oct 1 don't you understand? Your employer is to have a position for you starting tomorrow.

There is no such thing as looking for a job offer. Your employer is a fraud and you are complicit in the fraud.

At some point USCIS, DHS, and ICE are going to stomp down on these activities and all of you who are participating in this activity are going to be in trouble.

Comment

Leap frog after COS effective date

Thanks upengan78, i read the forum that you mentioned(http://immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49075). Thanks alot. Now iam clear about Leap frog. But can i go to canada/mexico (do Leap frog) after Change of status effective date?? to remain on L1 status.that is my question.

Thanks C4us, Thanks alot. There is nothing wrong with my employers. No one is forcing me to work. But change of status is forcing me go to H1 after its effective date(October 1st - today). My question is can i go to canada/mexico( do Leap frog) after Change of status effective date?? to remain on L1 status.

Thanks for your help,

Comment

Originally posted by djaks111
          But can i go to canada/mexico (do Leap frog) after Change of status effective date?? to remain on L1 status.that is my question.
          What is making it so difficult here? You would have already accumulated out of status period if you do that and did not work on H1b. If you continued to work on L1, you would have also have had illegal employment. I see them as BIG issues when IOs did into the file during GC.

You also should note that if any error was uncovered in the future, all past USCIS approvals can be revoked and the person deported.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Leap frog after COS effective date

Hello txh1b,
            Thankyou verymuch for the reply. I was waiting for your answer.
            I think(iam sure) i messedup with my immegration status. Now iam still on L1 and i resigned it will take 10 more days to comeout and they(my L1 employer) are not going to generate a paystub for this period.( will this be OK ? ). Later i will look jobs on H1 on bench.
            It sounds stupid but, still iam thinking weather any posibility for Leap frog and get L1 status back??
            Once again i really appreciate your advice.
            Thanks

Comment

Get out today if you can and you can return on L1. There is still a possibility except that you would have some out of status period which is still excusable by some provisions during GC.

You can return on L1 if you have a valid petition and valid visa. Never wait till the 11th hour on immigration matters. Being proactive is always good.
              Last edited by txh1b; 10-01-2008, 10:32 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,
                Thanks alot.
                Have a great day ahead.

A new turn,I was talking to my Employer(L1), they were trying to get me on subcontracting for the same client, if not i will leave this emloyer(L1) in 10days.
                I will have a update soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X