X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Out of the US but H1 still pending

Hello,

I've got my L1 Visa valid till Dec 09.
    I've also files for H1 in 2008 with COS and H1 was picked up in lottery and went for processing.
    Just to save my L1 I travelled to my home country on Sept 27 and will leave for the US on Oct 04
    On the USCIS website, I see my case is still pending.

When I go to the US, I'll enter with my L1.

When I go back on Oct 04 and see that on Oct 06, my H1 is approved will I be on H1 or L1 ?
    Will I acquire illegal status of working on L1 ?

Please let me know.

Travel on a pending application will void the COS. You will be on the status that you entered upon return i.e L1

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks.

1) So what will the role of the USCIS be ? Will they come to know about my travel and void the COS from H1 to L1 ?

2) The H1 Consultant does not know about my travel. What is the problem that he'll create for me ?

3) Should I inform the consultant ?

4) How will my consulatant know about my travel if I do not inform him ?

5) What questions will USCIS ask to my consultant ?

Comment

Read the forum. These questions are of not much importance if your goal is to be on L1.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X