Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B validity/ visa stamping

Hi everyone,

Currently, I have a visa stamp till 31st Dec 2010 from EmpA. But I have changed to EmpB and currently working with EmpB and in the US. Few months back, I have heard from EmpA that he had cancelled my H1B which is OK for me now. But Im planning to go to my country next month and come back to US.
    Do I need to go for stamping to get this new EmpB on my passport?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Kiran.

H1 Visa

Currently, I have a visa stamp till 31st Dec 2010 from EmpA. But I have changed to EmpB and currently working with EmpB and in the US. Few months back, I have heard from EmpA that he had cancelled my H1B which is OK for me now. But Im planning to go to my country next month and come back to US.
    Do I need to go for stamping to get this new EmpB on my passport?

---- No, there is no need to get a visa stamp. At the POE you will get a I-94 till the ls last day of the new I-797 approval notice

Subramanya

Comment

Thanx for ur reply..Subramanya!
      My only question was whether the old stamp with EmpA (till 31stdec010)still valid and holds good, even though he had cancelled the H1?

Thanks,
      Kiran.

Comment

Hi Kiran,

H1 Visa in Passport - holds good till its expiry date.
        So you can use the same for your trip/to return to US.

Employer cannot cancel the Visa - he can just revoke the H1 work petition/permit.

But make sure thatwhen u return to US - you are carrying all the papers from your EmpB - like Approval Notice etc.

---Abhay

Comment

Thanks a lot for ur answer..! Abhay.

Kiran.

Comment

I got the reply from my attorney saying as below...
            if the previous employer has withdrawn the H-1B, then technically that visa is no longer valid.

so I still have a question:withdrawing H1B and petition are different or same ?
            Thanks in advance for help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X