Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent Situation!! H1 Visa Stamping In Vancouver In Pending Status And H4 Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Situation!! H1 Visa Stamping In Vancouver In Pending Status And H4 Cancelled

My wife went to Vancouver consulate this morning for her H1 B Visa stamping (She is currently on a H4 visa). This is her first H1 Stamping and since we both are Permenant Residents of Canada she opted to attend the Interview in Vancouver Consulate.

The Visa Officer who interviewed her was very rude to her and said he had to do her Education Degree Verification and put the case in Pending and gave her the Standard 221g letter (without circling any detials they need) but in the Other section he wrote as PPT (not sure what PPT means?). Also the moment she attended the interview he Cancelled her H4 Visa as "Cancelled without Prejudice" and he took her application forms and her I -797 and gave her the passport back and said the consulate will notify her in email about the update.He said he wanted to verify her education degrees in India and said she will have to stay there till the verification is done. The only lucky thing for us is we have PR to canada so the stay in canada is not a problem. Currently she cannot come back to US as her H4 is cancelled and will have to stay there till they reach the decision. Has anyone encountered a similar issue before and

1. Usually how long does it take for the education Verification to be done (atleast approximately so that we can prepare for that)

2. He has not even seen her Educational Documents and not taken them as well(All he took was the application forms and the I-797). So how do they verify the Education Degree in India(do they have to dig into the docs that she has sent when applying for H1B??). We do not have any problem in Education verification as everything is Real and Authentic

3. Also since her I-797 is with the Visa officer can she go and ask that she wants to take her interview back in India and request for the I-797 back?

4. If they deny her H1 B visa can she re-apply for H4 again or would this be a issue as well?

Unfortunately this was a very bad experience for her and to top that the Visa Officer being rude to her really didn't her a chance to ask to more details

I am sorry if this post is redundant but your inputs and suggestions are greatly appreciated in this urgent matter. Please help!!!

Don't worry your wife probably get a call in 2 weeks!!!

I also faced similar situation @ Cd. Juarez consulate. Let me explain you in detail.

I have attended my H1B Extension interview @ Cd. Juarez on Sep 8th. Visa officer scrutinized all my documents and finally told me that every thing is perfect but wanted to verify my Masters degree from India and she retained my I-797 and issued 221 (g) " Additional information - wait for our call". Finally I got the call from consulate on Sep 22nd and told me that my case investigatin has been done and asked me to bring my passport for stamping and I have yet to go for stamping again.

The answers as far I know for your questions.

1. It may take 10 days. Your wife visa should get it done.

2. I believe all U.S embassies in India maintians all of our educational records on their system and probably these consulates will contact respective U.S embassy in India to veify the India degree.

3. Wait for Visa officer call for atleast 2 weeks and then you can think of asking your I-797 back and going to India for stamping. I'm not sure about this but you can give a try.

4. I think she has to go for H4 stamping again if her H1B rejected.

Please don't hesitate to ask further questions if you have.

Comment

H1B stamping pending status

Even i am stuck in similar situation (H1B renewal). I was interviewed at Mumbai conusulate office. They asked me few questions and said its all OK but I need to submit some documents (resume, questionaire, and job offer letter) for additional verification. I did that on 7th dec 2008 and till now (feb 21, 2009) havent received any message from consulate office. They told me I will be hearing from them through email or phone. I am periodically in touch with consulate office through email and every time its the same response "no new information, your case is still pending".

Anybody in same situation who got H1B after "pending status".

Thanks,
      ~N

Comment

Hi, I am also in same boat. four months over.

Please can you give me E-mail id

Thanks,

Originally posted by ngarge
        Even i am stuck in similar situation (H1B renewal). I was interviewed at Mumbai conusulate office. They asked me few questions and said its all OK but I need to submit some documents (resume, questionaire, and job offer letter) for additional verification. I did that on 7th dec 2008 and till now (feb 21, 2009) havent received any message from consulate office. They told me I will be hearing from them through email or phone. I am periodically in touch with consulate office through email and every time its the same response "no new information, your case is still pending".

Anybody in same situation who got H1B after "pending status".

Thanks,
        ~N

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X