Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help...RFE on H1 transfer

Hi,
    I am currently in India and working for a company A. My h1 petition was applied through Company A this year and it has been approved. These people started troubling me and harassing me after my H1 visa was approved since July 2008. I took my petition number from them and applied for a transfer to Company B.
    Please note that I got only the petition number and not the petition copy as the company was not ready to give the petition to me.
    Yesterday, I got an RFE on the transfer. I am yet to know the reason for RFE.
    Please help and advise my next step.

Nothing to help here without knowing what the RFE is about. Once you find out, come back and post.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Got the RFE reply. It is related to the documents my employer missed submitting like the federal tax returns, and so on.
      I hope to get through this really soon.
      Please pray for me.

Comment

Hi,

I have a question regarding H1 petition transfer from employer A to employer B.
        I have H1 petition approved for employer A, I have petition number but I don't have copy of it. Now I want to transfer my H1 petn to employer B.

Will I be able to get the transfer done only with the help of petition number??

Thanx,

Comment

Originally posted by visahunt
          Hi,

Will I be able to get the transfer done only with the help of petition number??

Thanx,
          Yes, if you are sure that it belongs to you. All USCIS needs to proof of cap count.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

what exactly is the process to transfer the H1 petition

Now my new employer is insisting on copy of petition.
            He says that copy of petition is mandatory to do the transfer.

Could any of you tell me what exactly is the process to transfer the H1 petition with only number? or Documents need to be produced for Petition Transfer? So that I can open the eye of my Dumb employer

Comment

No special process. Just take a print out of the receipt number online and let the attorney include a note that the employer is not sharing the approval notice. USCIS can verify your cap count/approval from your receipt number.

That was how it was handled.

Comment

Thank you all for the timely advice. My petition has been approved

VisaHunt...sorry for the late reply. Yes, you can get the petition transferred using only the petition number. But you have to submit your paystubs as you will be getting it done after October. And if your petition is filed by your ex-employer, you need to get it transferred under premium processing before your employer gets your petition revoked. It takes about 2 to 3 months to do this process.

I will be going for the visa stamping soon. I have a few queries in this regard:

1. According to the LCA document, I will be working on an Internal Project. As per, the immihelp check list, I understand that my employer needs to provide me with his companys tax returns and wage reports. But my employer is saying that it is not required. Please let me know if this is true.

2. As per my jurisdication, I have to go for visa stamping at chennai consulate. I heard that it gets difficult to get the visa at chennai, is this true? Does anybody have any idea about the start date of hyderabad consulate?

3. My husband is a Green Card holder in the US and I am currently in India. Is it ok if I tell the VO that I am married to a Permanent Resident or would it create any problem? Please let me know.

Thnks & Regards.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X