Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have H1, Travelling on B1 now...

Hi All,

I have H1 visa which i have applied in Apr 2007, however i got the visa in Apr 2008 after a Query. And i didnt enter on H1 till date due to job market situation in US.

I have B1 visa stamped in Oct 2006 and entered US on B1 in Nov 2006 and stayed for 3 months.

Now i have got another oppurtunity to travel to US next weekend on B1 with the same employer who processed my B1 visa in 2006.

Will it be a problem entering US now on B1 having H1 visa and is there any chance to cancel my H1 at POE. Please give all your valuable inputs...

I have H1 visa which i have applied in Apr 2007, however i got the visa in Apr 2008 after a Query. And i didnt enter on H1 till date due to job market situation in US.

I have B1 visa stamped in Oct 2006 and entered US on B1 in Nov 2006 and stayed for 3 months.

Now i have got another oppurtunity to travel to US next weekend on B1 with the same employer who processed my B1 visa in 2006.

Will it be a problem entering US now on B1 having H1 visa and is there any chance to cancel my H1 at POE. Please give all your valuable inputs

---- At the POE declare your intentions of entering on B1 and you will get a I-94 for B1 and that will be your status in the US. Your H1 does not come into picture and the IO's are not concerned about your H1 visa

Subramanya

Comment

B1 extension...

I am planning to fly on B1 this weekend and i may need to extend B1 visa beyond 3 months tenture as per the client req.

Is it advisable to extend I-94 after 3 months stay on B1? No about my employer will do the extension legally with documentation by a good attoreny.

Will it affect on my future H1 visit or L1 visa interview (if any) if i extend B1 stay?

Is 3 months the max duration for 1-94 on B1, is it possible to ask for 4 months initially on the client invitation letter for 4 months instead of extension? I have seen some cases of 6 months of issuing I94 on B1. Can anyone please explain how does it work acutally?

Can anyone please help me in handling this...

Cheers.
      Last edited by meterdown; 10-06-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Please reply...

Hey can anyone please reply to this query.

Thanks.

Comment

I am planning to fly on B1 this weekend and i may need to extend B1 visa beyond 3 months tenture as per the client req.

---- It is possible to extend the B1 beyond 3 months, but the application process, fees and questioning take up your time and resources

Is it advisable to extend I-94 after 3 months stay on B1? No about my employer will do the extension legally with documentation by a good attoreny.

---- As above. You are expecting your employer to engage an attorney and also pay the fees. right?

Will it affect on my future H1 visit or L1 visa interview (if any) if i extend B1 stay?

---- B1 has nothing to do with your H1 or L1 and any other type of visa. All visas are independent of each other and each application is considered separately

Is 3 months the max duration for 1-94 on B1, is it possible to ask for 4 months initially on the client invitation letter for 4 months instead of extension? I have seen some cases of 6 months of issuing I94 on B1. Can anyone please explain how does it work acutally?

---- The normal I-94 given for B1 at a POE is for 6 months, unless the IO is not convinced about your intentions, then they reduce the time accordingly

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X