Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Status 2008

Hi

I got my H1B stamped in 2008 through a company , however was not able to travel to US.

Now I am no longer associated with that company.Can you please let me know :

1. How can i find if my H1B visa is till valid ? is there any site ( my last company said they will cancel it) but i am not sure if they have done so?

2. If it is valid , can i get a tranfer of my H1B as i have not yet travelled to US?

Thanks
    Mona

H1 status

I got my H1B stamped in 2008 through a company , however was not able to travel to US.

Now I am no longer associated with that company.Can you please let me know :

1. How can i find if my H1B visa is till valid ? is there any site ( my last company said they will cancel it) but i am not sure if they have done so?

2. If it is valid , can i get a tranfer of my H1B as i have not yet travelled to US?

---- You can transfer your H1 to another company who can sponsor you. The Visa will still be valid even if the H1 (approval notice) from the previous company is cancelled

Subramanya

Comment

You may find a new employer to file a new petition not under the cap. You may NOT travel to the US until you have received the new approval notice.

Be aware that the economy in the US is getting worse. If you go with a questionable consultant, you may not be paid and will be out of status without a way to transfer to third employer. Chose employer carefully.

You is illegal to enter the US using the approval notice from a company that you do not plan to work with.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X