H4 ext already applied but planning to stamping in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 ext already applied but planning to stamping in India

I applied my wife H4 extension in Apr 08 at Vermont service center by sending the I595 after I got my H1b extension document I797 form. It's now in pending status for almost 6 months and also when I checked the current processing dated it shows Oct 07. We are planning to travel to India sometime next month. Is that OK if I get an interview appointment in Chennai Consulate and get both my visa and wifes visa stamped. Is there any issues since I already applied for extension and her case is still pending. Kindly let me know if there any addition procedure that need to be followed.

Thanks,
    Rajesh

I applied my wife H4 extension in Apr 08 at Vermont service center by sending the I595 after I got my H1b extension document I797 form. It's now in pending status for almost 6 months and also when I checked the current processing dated it shows Oct 07. We are planning to travel to India sometime next month. Is that OK if I get an interview appointment in Chennai Consulate and get both my visa and wifes visa stamped. Is there any issues since I already applied for extension and her case is still pending. Kindly let me know if there any addition procedure that need to be followed.

---- Under normal circumstances the H4 should have been approved by now. However, the form that needs to be sent is I-539 and not I-595 as mentioned in the post. May be you have sent the right form but by mistake wrote this number in the post.

---- Yes, you can travel to India and get the H4 stamp there along with the H1 stamp if you so wish to do. However, if there is an issue, you should have received an RFE by now.

---- During your stay in India, if the H4 is approved ask your atttorney/company/colleagues to email and then fedex the approval notice to you (especially before the interview) as that might help

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Under normal circumstances the H4 should have been approved by now. However, the form that needs to be sent is I-539 and not I-595 as mentioned in the post. May be you have sent the right form but by mistake wrote this number in the post.

---- Yes, you can travel to India and get the H4 stamp there along with the H1 stamp if you so wish to do. However, if there is an issue, you should have received an RFE by now.

---- During your stay in India, if the H4 is approved ask your atttorney/company/colleagues to email and then fedex the approval notice to you (especially before the interview) as that might help

Subramanya

<Rajesh> Yes you are right i typed it wrongly. Its I 539

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X