Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping at Halifax

Hi,

I have hot a H1 stamping appointment at Halifax, Canada for 20th Nov, 2008. It would be great if someone could please clear a couple of my doubts.
    1. I recently did a H1 transfer and moved from Company A to Company B. Now while fixing an appointment online, what I should I set the VISA application type as "New" or "Renewal"?
    2. I heard that Halifaz Consulate only processes H1 renewal cases. Is it true? Is it ok for me to go ahead with my appoinment at Halifax?

Any info with regard to this is appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
    Arun.

Guys,

Please help... I'm really confused here after going through all the forums...

regards,
    Arun.

Comment

Do you have a stamped H1B visa or did you do a COS from another category?

If stamped, you are OK as that would be a renewal. If you have never had an H1B stamping because you did a COS, you cannot use the renewal category for your stampng.

You move between companies has nothing to do with renewal since you use your visa stamping plus current employer's approval notice to enter; an employer notation on the stamping does not prevent you from entering for new employer. You do not need a new stamping for each employer.

PS. Please give people time to answer. Everyone is a volunteer and has a life outside of immihelp forum.

Comment

Thanks C4us!

I do have a stamped H1B VISA from my previous employer. But I found the following in the FAQs of the consulate site:
        1) What does the “New/Renewal” field on the Personal Profile page mean? What option do I choose?

For most visa types, you should leave this field set to the default value of “New”. For employment related visas (“H”, “L”, “O”, “P”, “Q”, and “R”), you should choose “Renewal” only if you have already received a visa, and are continuing employment with the same employer. If you are applying for a visa for the first time, or are applying for a visa with a new employer, you must select “New”.

Now based on this, I guess I fall in the New category. Not sure if I can get my VISA stamped at Halifax.

Has anyone got their H1B stamped from Halifax, CA after a H1 transfer? Please share any info you have.

Thanks in advance,
        Arun.

Originally posted by C4us
        Do you have a stamped H1B visa or did you do a COS from another category?

If stamped, you are OK as that would be a renewal. If you have never had an H1B stamping because you did a COS, you cannot use the renewal category for your stampng.

You move between companies has nothing to do with renewal since you use your visa stamping plus current employer's approval notice to enter; an employer notation on the stamping does not prevent you from entering for new employer. You do not need a new stamping for each employer.

PS. Please give people time to answer. Everyone is a volunteer and has a life outside of immihelp forum.

Comment

Did anyone get his/her H1 stamped from Halifax after a H1 transfer? Could you please share your experience?

regards,
          Arun.

Comment

Hi Arun, not sure about halifax, but in general, if you already have h1 stamped how long is it valid until. If its valid for a longtime.. you dont even need to go for new employer stamping. if its expiring.. or has been expired.. then u can just call it renewal & need stamping. This is in general.. I understand that FAQ on halifax is kinda confusing.. what impact does it have if you say "New" arent they giving u or letting u go and take the appointment??

I am planning to go to Halifax on Dec 4th. Please let me know how yours goes. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X