Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H1B visa renewal

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B visa renewal


    Currently i am working in usa.my first 3 years period of visa has expired october 31st 2008 i have applied for extension thru my employer and got the extension appoval notice.Planning for vacation comming janaury and plan to get stamped at the sametime(in chennai).

    Here is my situation
    I have lost my passport (which contais visa also) and some papers on march 2008 and i have recovered everything.but my passport does not have visa.but i have copy of my old visa.when i about to book appointmnt when i read thru the VISA RENEWL CATEGORY INFORMATION i found

    Applicants who have lost their previous passports that had the valid / expired US visa do not qualify for appointments in the visa renewal category.

    can you please let me know which category i come under..how can apply for appointment in this situation..any one had same situation please get back to me on this.

  • #2
    Apply like you are a first time visa applicant.


    • #3
      what is the difference..i can use my extended h1b notice(I797C) to get the visa stamped right ...just i need to apply like new ..still confusing..


      • #4
        I797C can never be used for visa stamping. You need A or B.

        I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.