Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 status change

Hi,

My friend is working for an employer in the US on L1 VISA which was valid till 2009 Nov. While working on L1, he applied for H1B thru a different employer and it got aproved. Status change got effect as of Oct 1, 2008. Even after Oct 1, he is working with the old company.

1. What is the allowed time period after which he needs to move to the new employer? What he heard from the new employer is that technically, my friend can continue with the old employer for a maximum of 30 days. Is that true? As he heard from the new employer, the new employer is yet to file for the status change. The employer will do that once they find an opportunity for my friend with their clients.

2. If he wants to continue with the old employer on the new (H1B) VISA, what is the procedure he needs to follow? What are the documents required for doing this?

Appreciate your quick response.
    Last edited by raja6955; 10-15-2008, 04:36 AM. Reason: Made important

1. He is illegally working on L1. The employer is wrong. Zero days allowed after COS. It is not the employer's immigration status at risk but your buddy's.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X