X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 (G) at chennai on Oct 15th 2008

Hi All,

I am a silent reader to this forum.

I have attended interview at Chennai on Oct 15th, I got 221 (G) blue form and they asked to submit the following.

1) A copy of the petition with all supporting documents as filed to USCIS.
    2) A copy of employment contract or letter of agreement signed by you and the petitioner.
    3) Petitioner's Income Tax Return for the last two years (2005 and 2006) and financial statements.
    4) A notarized list of all the petitioner's employees for each location. The list should show all employees' names, their specific job titles, start dates, end dates, and their individual salaries and immigration status.
    5) State Unemployment Wage Reports, showing all wages paid to each employee in the state, for the past three quarters as files to all states.
    6) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worsite location, and marketing analysis for the final product.

Actually, YYYY Company acquired our US Employer Company.

Interview went as follows

Me: Hi good morning
    Office: Hi good morning

Me: How r u
    Officer: I am fine

Officer: B.tech or MCA ?
    Me: I was trying to tell Bachelors degree in Computer science, without listening to it immediately he asked B.tech or MCA ?, then I told B.tech.

Officer: from how long your with Present working employer ?
    Me: 2.5 years

Officer: can you explain me about current working project?
    Me: I started explaining project; he interrupted and said I want it more technically. (I didn't understand what he is expecting). Then I told all technologies I used in it and explained in bit different way.

Officer: What was most difficult question do u feel at the time of interview?
    Me: I didn't expect this question, I was thinking for some time and I told they asked me about Spring technology till that time I don't know about it.

Officer: Can you explain me now?
    Me: Yes, Something I told. 50% tight and 50% wrong.

Officer: R u going to work internal or client project?
    Me: Internal. And here I told YYYY Company acquired our US Employer Company. He did not listen about acquisition.

Officer: He checked I-129 and said I think you US employer is Computer consultancy, then how can you work internal project with them?
    Me: I told it's not only in to consultancy also in to project development, project design.

Officer: How many no of Employees at working?
    Me: 80.

Officer: Can you show me the employee list document?
    Me: I don't have.

Officer: He took blue form and started ticking in it
    Me: I told some all the documents except employee list.

Officer: Show me.
    Me: I given all document I have, but I don't have unemployment wages document.

Officer: he checked them and given blue form?

In my opinion Reasons for 221(G)

1) When I say internal project, he immediately got doubt that it's a consultancy and how can he work on internal project.

2) With that doubt, he asked me to submit employee list, so that he can verify employee designation. By knowing employee designation, I think he can confirm its consultancy or development center.

My Suggestion:

1) Always give point to point answers, especially when he ask question like either this or that (B.tech or MCA)? say the answer from question like B.tech

2) If your applying through consultancy, Check type of business your employer in to.

3) If possible carry all the documents.

4) Be confident, always carry smile and maintain eye to eye contact.

5) Accept anything, set your mind open before and while interview.

Even i faced same questions

Hi Jay

Even i faced same questions ans situations and got BLUE FORM on 14th in Chennai

even VO asked me to drop the same documents what ever u mentioned.

What is the Status ?

Comment

221 (G) Satus

Hi Raj,

I am waiting for documents from my employer.

Once they give documents, we need to drop them at VFS Office along with passport.

If everything goes fine, we will get passport with Visa stamping.

Duration will depends on case to case based on some factors.

We will hope everything goes fine.

Comment

You don't need to drop in your passport now unless otherwise asked to do so. After scrutiny, you will be asked to submit your passport for stamping.
        Even if you give the passport now to VFS it will be returned to you.

Comment

same here

Hi Guys,

I attended for interview at chennai on 18th nov 2008. Mine was also an internal project and I was also given 221g blue form. I have sent the details of my employer and waiting for his reply. I met a VFS officer and he said I need to dorp the do,cuments and they will do verification and call me back to send passport for stamping if the verification goes fine.

Whats ur status as of now ?
          Any Idea how much time it will take for the verification after dropping the documents ?

Comment

221G (Blue) With a Diffrent Letter from embassy

Hi Friends

I went to embassy on Sep 4,They gave me 221g and said to come in person,
            Along with that they have given me a letter,Can any body say me about this
            what does this mean,,

Dear H1B Applicant,

Your H1b Visa has been issued with the annotation-"Not Valid until sep,26,2008

This mean you may not travel to USA using this visa until the above date.

If you Attempt to board a flight or enter the USA before the above date ,
            You will be send back from the US port of entry-------

But they have given me 221 G and this letter,and the passport back,
            Please let me know what means by this letter.

Comment

Were you a first time applicant? If so then that means you cant enter US for an H1 approved for 2009 fiscal year before one week earlier than the start of fiscal year ie 01OCT.

*** Travel AFTER that date.

Comment

Status

Hi Jayasagar,

Can you please let me know your status..as my case also same and submitted doucments and wating to hear something from them.....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X