This is what it says:

9 FAM 41.53 N8.3-3 Validity of H-1B When There is a
    Change of Employer
    (CT:VISA-1041; 09-26-2008)
    a. After changing H-1B employers in accordance with DHS procedures for
    making such a change, an H-1B visa holder may continue to use his or
    her original H-1B visa for entry into the United States. Upon applying for
    entry, the visa holder must present the new Form I-797, Notice of Action,
    evidencing the approval of the change of employer in addition to the visa.

Thanks,
    P Bopana.

Leave a comment:

• zorokool
    replied
    Yeh i dont know what they meant when they said that..i thought that the visa stamp had something to do with revoke, but thanks for the information, that does help me lots. I know this is legal and valid method of travelling now.

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    Originally posted by zorokool
    he will revoke H1 and once it is done i cant travel back as my original stamp will have his company name along with the EAC #
    He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. Talk to a lawyer if you wish.

When did the employers start getting all powerful to cancel visas? Do you think it makes sense?

Leave a comment:

• zorokool
    replied
    Thanks for the information. Iwas so confused about all this and had called my prev employer with whom im in good terms, but he also says the same thing that he will revoke H1 and once it is done i cant travel back as my original stamp will have his company name along with the EAC #

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    A revoke of H1b revokes the ability of that employer to employ and rids them of their liability to pay the H1b employee. In other words just the petition is revoked. It has got nothing to do with the visa if you have another valid I797.

Leave a comment:

• zorokool
    replied
    Thanks thx1b and Mclain, i have the same question im also travelling out of the US and im working for a company B now (Have an approved I-797 during travel), i m not planing to restamp my passport as my visa from my previous company (company A)is valid till sept 2009. Is it safe to travel, is there a risk if the old company has applied for revoke of H1??

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    Yes, that is all you need. The old I797 is irrelevant. Just carry it but do not produce it. Just give your current employment info. For all of my travel trips so far, I have had nothing asked by CBP other than I797 and passport.

Leave a comment:

• mclain_100
    replied
    txh1b, thank you for your reply. What sort of documents could I be asked for at the port of entry? Will the new and old I-797 and paystubs and some kind of "proof of employment" letter from HR department suffice?

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    This has been tried and tested for many years. You can dig into the CBP field manuals or INA sections of the law and other memos if you need the "official" source

Leave a comment:

• mclain_100
    started a topic H1 Visa from previous emp valid but new I-797

H1 Visa from previous emp valid but new I-797

Hello,

- I am traveling to India in Dec 2008.
    - I have H1b visa with expiration date of Sep 2009 from my previous employer.
    - I work for a different employer now and have new I-797.

The Immihelp FAQ says that I do not need new visa since the visa from my previous employer is still valid and I have a new I-797.

Is there and OFFICIAL source that shows this information ( ie .gov site or embassy site).

Thank you,
    P Bopana.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X