X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 COS..going for stamping

Hi txhib,

Sorry for the wrong assumptions.
    I do not want to cover up the wrong thing that I did i.e working illegally wor company A on L1 past October 1.
    I am in a very tense situation and do not know what to do.My H1B employer is giving me all wrong suggestions.Can you please suggest me what to do.
    Is there anything that I can do now.Please give me appropriate suggestion that I can do to save myself.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Last edited by sedara; 10-20-2008, 01:35 PM.

Your post screams FRAUD! Willing to give pay stubs? Are they available for purchase? Outrageous!

How can you go for H1b stamping from A? You have already worked illegally on L1 and you are trying to cover it up with **** things? This is not a forum that gives you wrong/illegal workarounds.

Go see an attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Sorry for the wrong assumptions.I do not want to cover up the wrong thing that I did.Can you please suggest me what to do.My H1B employer is giving me all wrong suggestions.I am in a very tense situation and do not know what to do.Is there anything I can do now?

Can you please provide me appropriate suggestions.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Comment

If you want to work on L1, go out of the country now and enter back on L1. Read 100s of leapfrog threads.

If you want to work on H1b, do NOT involve yourself in any fraud. Come out clean during the visa interview and tell the VO that you were not aware of the COS and stopped working as soon as you found out. Stop working on L1 immediately and go work for H1b employer immediately as it is a COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks you very much for your reply.Can you please clarify me one more thing.I read in all the posts that the leap frog is applicable only if I go out before october 1 and come back after october 1.But since I am already in US after october 1,can I still do the leap frog.

Also,if I go for H1 stamping and tell the VO that I was working on L1 without knowing that it was legal,what would be the implications.Will she deny me a H1 visa.

Please clarify.Thanks again for your valuable suggestions.

Comment

You did not tell what your plan is? to be on L1 or work on H1b?

Better late than never and accumulate illegal work, right? One could be denied at POE if they find out about the illegal work and be prepared for that.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

I would love to come back and work on L1 if i have a chance.Can you please let me know if it is still possible?

Comment

It is possible as long as the visa and petition are valid.

Comment

Will the COS from L1 to H1 automatically cancel the L1?

Comment

Originally posted by sedara
                    Will the COS from L1 to H1 automatically cancel the L1?
                    You just read an entire book and are asking what the story is about? I would suggest you read through many other similar posts on the forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X