Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information needed on I-94 while going on vacation to India

Hi,

My Wife who is on H4 Visa went to India on vacation., but looks like her I-94 is still with her in the passport. Do we need to hand over the I94 when leaving USA for vacation to India (3 months).
    Please advise on what should be done in this regard.

Also please advise the same(Regd. I-94) for me on H1B visa., planning on going on vacation.

Thanks,
    Sudhakar

Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

It wasn't very clear in the following scenario
      H4/H1B visa and I-94 are valid till Sep 2009. Now going on vacation to India for 3 months and coming back. Should we leave the I-94 with the airlines before leaving USA...Some of my friends are saying., only if the visa is expired then only we need to hand over the I-94 otherewise not required.

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by skamjula
        It wasn't very clear in the following scenario
        H4/H1B visa and I-94 are valid till Sep 2009. Now going on vacation to India for 3 months and coming back. Should we leave the I-94 with the airlines before leaving USA...Some of my friends are saying., only if the visa is expired then only we need to hand over the I-94 otherewise not required.

Please advise.
        Stop listening to your friends who don't seem to know much anyway. Return all your I-94s to the airline when you leave. You are making the simple I-94 return issue a complicated one. Talk to a lawyer as it may give you some peace.

I don't see any room for confusion in the link posted.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X