Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer query

Hello,

I am working for Company A, i have an offer from Company B. I wish to initiate the H1 transfer to Company B and take a 4 weeks vacation, goto Home country and come back to US then join with Company B.

Please let me know is it feasible and if so what should be done.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Sharma S

You must have approval notice from B in hand to reenter US.

Comment

1. Is it not possible to come back to US via my existing H1 approval and I94?

2. How long will it take to receive the approval notice, and if Company B receives the approval notice, can they send that to my home country address so that i can bring that while coming back?

Comment

Search for posts from meetmeatohio. Risky to travel while a transfer is in progress as EOS can get denied and it becomes complicated.

Use keyword "cloning" to serach on the forum.

2. 2-6 months under regular process.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for reply

Thanks for reply.

I read the previous posts with the search keyword. I wanted to make sure that if i have the Approval notice of Company B and the existing Company A H1 Stamping, i can enter US.. right?

Thank you
          Sharma

Comment

Yes, with a valid visa stamp. Read the FAQs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am sorry to bother you again.

To summarize my case,

* I have valid H1 Visa Stamp and I797 of my current employer. Once the H1 transfer is filed i will leave the country. Company B will send me the "receipt notice" to my home as soon as they received. I will return back with Current employer H1 stamp and the Company B receipt notice. Giving notice to current employer and then join with the new employer.

Do you find any problem in the above summary? Please reply.

Comment

Possible but not suggested or recommended due to complications involved. Did you read cloning posts? I expect people to do some homework before they come back and post.

Read posts for a user called "meetmeatohio"

Recommended approach is travel, return, file for H1b transfer and resign from old employer, switch to new one and begin work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharmas
                  Thanks for your quick reply.

I am sorry to bother you again.

To summarize my case,

* I have valid H1 Visa Stamp and I797 of my current employer. Once the H1 transfer is filed i will leave the country. Company B will send me the "receipt notice" to my home as soon as they received. I will return back with Current employer H1 stamp and the Company B receipt notice. Giving notice to current employer and then join with the new employer.

Do you find any problem in the above summary? Please reply.
                  Hi Sharmas,

I'm also in the same boat. Did you had issues in the your case.
                  Were you able to return USA with old visa stamping and new employer's petition receipt?

Pls reply as it will relieve me from mental stress.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X