HELP:Is it a risk for me to go to Mexico for H-1b stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP:Is it a risk for me to go to Mexico for H-1b stamping

For family reason, I am planing to go to Matamaros,Mexico for H-1b stamping. But got a couple of questions. All answer are highly appreciated.

1) I came to US in 2006 with J2, worked with EAD and got H-1b this April. Will this create a issue?

2) My old I94 expired Aug 31,2008, and new H-1b got effected in Oct 1st, 2008. I did not leave the states. Will this gap be considered as out of status?

3) I hold a bachelor degree and do not have any degree in the US. Should this be a risk for me?

Thanks.
    Last edited by siva2006; 10-23-2008, 06:35 PM.

You have too many issues to try for stamping in Mexico. Go to your home country or be prepared to travel there directly from Mexico without returning to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
      You have too many issues to try for stamping in Mexico. Go to your home country or be prepared to travel there directly from Mexico without returning to the US.
      Thanks C4us,
      But is there any way to fix it? I will bring the evaluation for my bachelor degree, is this still a problem?
      Further more, I am currently working on a project in South America, do this help keeping me on the good side?
      Thanks.

Comment

Some educational evaluations aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Whether yours will be accepted is anyones guess.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
          Some educational evaluations aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Whether yours will be accepted is anyones guess.
          Thanks,
          By the way, Is this forum the best place I can find stamping experience in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by siva2006

2) My old I94 expired Aug 31,2008, and new H-1b got effected in Oct 1st, 2008. I did leave the states. Will this gap be considered as out of status?
            You did NOT leave the US as per your PM during the gap period. That means, you were illegally present and violated the visa terms. This has to be mentioned in the DS156 form and that means your risk is very high of a rejection.

You were not out of status during the period but illegally present.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b
              I brought your suggestion to attorney, and got the response below:
              No, that is not the case. As a J visa holder, you are authorized for the duration of the program (here, 8/31/08), plus 30 days, which takes you to 9/31/08. Your H-1B took effect the following day, 10/1/08, so you are fine and you do not have any period of unauthorized stay. Nothing to worry about.
              Can I take it serious? Thanks again.

Originally posted by txh1b
              You did NOT leave the US as per your PM during the gap period. That means, you were illegally present and violated the visa terms. This has to be mentioned in the DS156 form and that means your risk is very high of a rejection.

You were not out of status during the period but illegally present.
              Last edited by siva2006; 10-31-2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X