Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1

Hello,

I am a student studying in drexel university, philadelphia. I am pursuing my bachelors degree in chemical engineering. I am graduating in june 2009. I was enrolled in a 5 year co-op program. I have done 3 co-ops(6 months each) a total of 18 months. I am not eligible for OPT. My employer wants to file H1 visa for me in april 2009. After the visa is approved in april do I have to wait until oct 1st 2009 to start work? Can I work from april after the visa is granted? Also, can the employer file an h1 with just a letter from the dean of my college that this girl is graduating in june 2009? or do they need an actual diploma certificate to process my h1 visa?
    Forward Message

You should have completed your degree before the H1b filing date of April. Sometimes, if all degree requirements have been completed and you are just waiting for the "walk", a letter from the dean stating so has helped for some applicants.

You cannot work until Oct 1st as that is when the cap subject H1b start date is. If you have a gap, you should plan on leaving the country and returning after Oct 1st as you don't have OPT eligibility to cover the gap.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X