No announcement yet.

Passport change in US - Urgent Pls!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport change in US - Urgent Pls!!!!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Indian Passport number changes when you apply for passport renewal here in the United States?

Also, how will a passport number change (upon renewal) affect H1B status and/or papers?

Passport matters

Can anyone tell me if the Indian Passport number changes when you apply for passport renewal here in the United States?

---- You will be issued a new Passport that will have a new number

Also, how will a passport number change (upon renewal) affect H1B status and/or papers?

---- No, it does not. the visas in the old Passport will remain valid (as evidenced by a stamp) and you will carry both the Passports while traveling and only the Passport is canceled (with a stamp)

Subramanya

Comment

Does this mandate a change in H1B papers? - Urgent!!!

Also, I do not have a visa stamp for H1B. I had a COS from L2 and I have a valid H1B I-94 stapled to my old passport. S

Should I move the I-94 to the new passport and keep all passports together while travelling?

I have another valid visa in my old passport. What will happen to that?

Comment

I-94 is stapled so that it doesn't get lost. There is no rule that it has to be stapled or that one should not remove it. You can keep it wherever you want. All visas remain valid till they expire in the old PP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

One question not answered

Hi txh1b, thank you for the response. I was a bit surprised that you had to explain the benefits of stapling. I can assure you we are all well aware of that.

My primary concern is if the passport renewal warrants a change in the H1b papers. If so, what is the process?

Comment

Originally posted by h1bquery
            Hi txh1b, thank you for the response. I was a bit surprised that you had to explain the benefits of stapling. I can assure you we are all well aware of that.

My primary concern is if the passport renewal warrants a change in the H1b papers. If so, what is the process?
            Read your question. You seemed to concentrate more on the stapling of I-94 part than your follow up question on H1b papers. What is the big deal if it is stapled on the old passport or new passport? Nothing changes with the H1b papers as long as I797 is valid.

You were already instructed that you need to carry both the passports by another forum member prior to your second post.

Passport copy is provided with H1b paper filing as an ID document only.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X