Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIMS verification before stamping in Chennai

Hello folks,

I am planning to attend for my H1 revalidation stamping in Chennai in the 4th week of November. I have read some stories about stamping being delayed because of PIMS verification delays. How can I avoid such a situation? Can I send an email to the Consulate before hand with my I-797 pdf and request them to pre-verfiy? Is that even possible. Any help is appreciated.

This is my 8th year extension and I have applied for my I-485 a year ago. My latest H1 petition has been approved about 5 months ago.

Thanks,
    -vk4t

You could try but they will not do that. PIMS is definitely not a show stopper as the max delay (if any) is 2-4 days. Most petitions approved after 2007 are already in the database.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      You could try but they will not do that. PIMS is definitely not a show stopper as the max delay (if any) is 2-4 days. Most petitions approved after 2007 are already in the database.
      OK. Thanks for the reply txh1b. Yeah, my H1 petition was approved in June of this year. Hopefully, things will go smoothly. I have one more question regarding letter from client though. I work for a large Midwestern company that employs around 7000 people. Do I still need to carry a letter from my client?

Comment

Hi,

Actually "Can you show me your Client Letter" question by VO is very common question during the H1 Visa Interview.
        So it will be better that you have one.

---Abhay

Comment

Originally posted by abhayg4
          Hi,

Actually "Can you show me your Client Letter" question by VO is very common question during the H1 Visa Interview.
          So it will be better that you have one.

---Abhay
          Hi abhayg4,

Thanks for your response. Is there a format that I should follow? Also, should it be on the client letter head? What if my client refuses to provide one on their letter head?

-vk4t

Comment

Many companies have a policy not to give verification letters for third party contractors. In such a case, carry your manager's/client account manager's email/phone/business card to hand it over to the consular.

Take proof of your name and address showing up in the corporate directory/webpage of the client's intranet in a print out.

Try to get the client state their policy in writing that they cannot provide such letters and take it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X