Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer

Hi,

I got my H1 in 2007 but due to some problems I could not make it to US, but in the mean time I got to know that the company which applied my H1 petetion is closed, so I transferred my petition to another employer being in India but here comes the actual problem

The employer had made me to sign a contract for one year and agreed to pay me xyz amount, but instead of sending me to US he is trying to get me a job by attending the calls from offshore as I do not have the SSN number I am unable to get a client calls as it needs background approval and the employer is not ready to send me to US for SSN.

But in his aggrement he has also mentioned that if I fail to go to US I need to pay him double the amount which takes for H1 processing. He is neither paying me bench salary saying I am offshore and he is neither making me travel to US

My questions:

1) Can I break this bond?
    2) Can I apply transfer it to another employer with my old petition as the new h1 petition is still with this employer?

Can you please help me

1. Yes
    2. Yes

You hold a status only in US and benching does not apply unless you are on h1b. Your employer is doing the right thing. Protecting his interest as well as your status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Many Thanks

Thanks a TON !!!!!!! for your reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X