Returned CASE to the Kentucky Consular Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned CASE to the Kentucky Consular Center

I was issued 221 g from New Delhi Consulate on 8th August 2008 and I submitted the required documents on 5th Septmber 2008
    And today I received the email from DOS, New Delhi upon my query which is pasted below-

"Your case has been returned to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States. You may contact the USCIS office for further information. Please consider this case closed at our office. A letter was sent to you stating the same on October 20, 2008."

SO FAR I HAVEN'T RECED ANY LETTER OR EMAIL DATED 20TH OCTOBER,2008 as they stated in their email.

ANYONE ...FOR ANY COMMENTS .
    Does that mean that they are revoking my case or denying
    ?

Your employer will receive updates directly from consulate, ask them. Why is your text bold??

Comment

Mr ORION

Sir, thnks a lot for such a prompt response.
      In the hindsight:
      My Employer personally went to New Delhi Consulate in the last week of Sep 2008 and was told that all the required documents asked in Form 221 g GREEN were submitted and the case was being sent to USCIS.
      Later around 15 sep 2008, my employer called up USCIS from USA and was told that the case wasn't denied but was refered back to USCIS.
      And today when I wrote an email I get this response from the Embassy.
      I am as CONFUSED as a DRUNKEN MONK !!

Comment

9 FAM 41.53 N2.3 Referring Approved H Petition to
        Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for
        Reconsideration
        (CT:VISA-930; 02-28-2008)
        You shall consider all approved H petitions in light of these Notes, process
        with dispatch those cases which appear legitimate, and identify those which
        require local investigation or referral to the approving U.S. Citizenship and
        Immigration Services (USCIS) office for reconsideration. Refer cases to
        USCIS for reconsideration sparingly, to avoid inconveniencing bona fide
        petitioners and beneficiaries and causing duplication of effort by USCIS. You must have specific evidence of a requirement for automatic revocation,
        misrepresentation in the petition process, lack of qualification on the part of
        the beneficiary, or of previously unknown facts, which might alter USCIS’s
        finding before requesting review of a Form I-129, Petition for a
        Nonimmigrant Worker, approval. When seeking reconsideration, you must,
        under cover of Form DS-3096, Consular Return/Case Transfer Cover Sheet,
        forward the petition, all pertinent documentation, and a written
        memorandum of the evidence supporting the request for reconsideration to
        the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), which will then forward the request to
        the approving USCIS office. The KCC will maintain a copy of the request and
        all supporting documentation and will track all consular revocation requests.
        You are no longer required to maintain a copy of all documents, although
        scanning the revocation request and supporting documents into the case file
        is recommended.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ole Friend : Txh1b

Sir TXH1B,
          IT sounds great as to what you wrote but CAN YOU PLEASE SIMPLIFY ...in nutshell.
          LEGAL JARGON is LATIN to me .
          Please help me out brother.
          And thanks a lot.

Comment

Case closed at our office:TXH1B

TXH1B...only you can give me a logical answer to this
            MY main concern is - why did the DOS NEW DELHI wrote "Please consider this case closed at our office"

Comment

Once KCC gets the case, it returns to the service center that processed the case for re-review. They can reaffirm the case and send a notice saying so to the employer or revoke it if they feel that the case should not have been approved.

If it is re-affirmed, once the employer gets it, you take the notice of reaffirmation for a new visa stamp to the consulate. It is a long process and the consulate is done with your case and hence the reply stating so.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks_TXH1B

Originally posted by txh1b
                Once KCC gets the case, it returns to the service center that processed the case for re-review. They can reaffirm the case and send a notice saying so to the employer or revoke it if they feel that the case should not have been approved.

If it is re-affirmed, once the employer gets it, you take the notice of reaffirmation for a new visa stamp to the consulate. It is a long process and the consulate is done with your case and hence the reply stating so.

Thanks brother, I am now CRYSTAL CLEAR as to what you wrote.
                YOU are really informative and precise.
                ALL THE READERS, TXH1B is the only GUY around who knows his subject(no offence for others meant !!)

Comment

Many people know the subject and more than what I know as a layman. I am probably the one that has time to be lurking around the forum and answer. My spouse is starting to get pissed as I spend too much time here

Comment

Humour On Forum Is Healthy

It is quite noble to share your knowledge and help the CONFUSED aspring H1B folks around.
                    Ask your Spouse also to join the bandwagon.

Comment

Less likely SUCCESS , if CASE returned to USCIS ?

How far it is true that the chances of getting your CASE affirmation is LESS when it is returned to USCIS. I am informed by my attorney that most cases returned by DOS, INDIA are given NOID.
                      HAS anybody experienced the same ?

Comment

Returned CASE to the Kentucky Consular Center

Hi,
                        How long it takes to get the reaffirmation or revocation details from KCC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X