Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Counsulates in Mexico------New Visa Petitions not accepted

How true is this, can anyone give any further info on this

"URGENT UPDATE!!!!!! You can no longer change your visa status at any US Consulate in Mexico as of November 1*. Only visa extensions are allowed!!!! Please contact the U.S. Consulate directly if you have any further doubts. Please click here to find out who can/ can not come down for stamping: http://matamoros.usconsulate.gov/mat..._tcn_info.html

* the us consulate in Matamoros is allowing those who already had their appointments prior to October 31, 2008 to come down for visa stamping for the month of November ONLY!"

Yes it is true. But when my friend called the consulate, They said they make this rule effective for Appointments scheduled after Nov 1st. i.e if you have already scheduled an appointment for anytime after Nov1, you will be allowed.
    But no more new scheduling after Nov1st.

Hope it helps..

Comment

H1B renewal at Mexico

Hi All
      I had obtained my first H1B visa stamping at Matamoros ( F1 to H1) conversion. I was planning to go back to Matamoros for my 2nd H1B stamping. Based on the new rules, H1B extensions are being allowed only if the first stamping was done in the home country(India). In that case, am i eligible to go to Mexico for stamping this time. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Moe
        Based on the new rules, H1B extensions are being allowed only if the first stamping was done in the home country(India).
        Based on what you yourself wrote, do you think you are eligible to apply there?

Comment

well...thats exactly the question.

"first stamping" means the H1 stamp or the original f1 stamp done in the home country

Comment

Better safe ?

Its open to legal intrpretation, as its so vaguely worded ( not an Immi attorney tho) but it says first stamping to be in home country & also says no change of visa status on re-entry and it also says applicant who renew their visa in any category (excep B1/B2) if the initial visa was issued in home country....but your case there is valid confusion, I would play safe though...and consult a professional immi attorney in this case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X