Reg H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg H1B

I got my H1B and for almost 8months as i did'nt get any job, so i did COS from H1B to H4 and got it done. My question is as i was counted once in H1B quota, can i again get convert from H4 to H1B if i find an employer who is ready to pay me and give the work? Is this possible? please guide me.

Yes, it's possible.
    If you want to work for H1 employer on H1 visa, the best option is to get your visa stamped from your home country.
    Come to the US on H1 visa and start working.

Wait for txH1B to answer. He's an expert !!!

Comment

Possible. Read the FAQs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Can you help me in knowing what all the documents that are needed for H4 to H1B COS. Is this process easy or will it be risky? How about stamping, should i go out of US or can this COS be done inside US. Please give your valuable advices.

Thanks in advance

Comment

H1b COS has to be handled by your employer and not you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks, my last question is will the USCIS check my old H1B status for granting the COS from H4 to H1B?Because , as i mentioned earlier that i was on H1B without working anywhere, so will that effect to file this new H1B with new employer? Please provide me this info.

Thanks a lot

Comment

That will impact your H1b stamping in the future. It may impact your approval is USCIS queries it.

How did you change your status to H4 from H1 when you were legally out of status? You seem to think it is okay to violate the law.

Comment

TxH1B,

I don't know but luckily during the change from H1B to H4, they did not ask any of my related documents. They just checked my hubby documents along with my application form I539, so i did'nt have any problem at that time.
                So i could get that easily. So, do u think after i'm in H4 for such a long time, to get converted to H1B for a good reputed company, will it be a problem?

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Your COS may not have impact but your H1b stamping, green card etc will most likely have a negative impact due to your out of status period.

Did you travel outside and re-enter anytime after this?

Comment

Yes, I travelled abroad before I filed for COS. I filed for h1 to h4 COS immediately after I came to US from my trip abroad for 3 months. I read somewhere that my previous status (before I travelled abroad) will not be taken into consideration while filing COS in my current stay.

What would you suggest me??

Comment

Sir Txh1B,

I have answered your question, can you please tell me what are the possible things that can be done in my case to get back my H1B?

Anyone,

Who have your ideas or info pls let me know.

Thanks,
                      Tina

Comment

Go ahead and try. But nothing gets erased.

Comment

Sir,

Thanks for your fast reply.

But can you tell me H1 stamping again , will it be a risky now? Do i have to go to my home country to get it done or can i go to canada or mexico?

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance
                          Tina

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X