Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi,
    I am employed by Company A and they hold my current H1B for last 5 Weeks.

I applied for H1B Transfer to Company B and TODAY they received the signature receipt from USCIS of my H1B Transfer application.

Company A does not want me to go and is threatning me that they will revoke my H1B. Is that possible? I plan to join Company B on Monday, can I get into trouble for this?

Thanks

If you were getting paid and have maintained the status properly and the new application was properly applied for, the revoke of H1b from company A will have nothing to do with your transfer.

You can join B using H1b portability law provide you were in status prior to the transfer and if you are confident B has a job and will keep you and assuming the petition will get approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B transfer

Thanks.

Yes, my status is valid and I have been paid throught last 5 weeks. Also, my new employer is a stable company and they want me to stay at least 5 years.

My only concern was, that since my H1B transfer application has JUST been received by USCIS and not processed yet, do you think the current employer can create problems by revoking the H1B in next 2-3 days?

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        the revoke of H1b from company A will have nothing to do with your transfer.
        As per my earlier post.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X