Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer - How to stop

Hi all,
    I was working for company 'A'. Now I decided to join company 'B'. Company 'B' filed a H1 transfer for me and got the receipt. still the H1 is not transferred and it is in process. Now If I want to work in company 'A' and if I want to cancel/stop this transfer process, what should I do?
    Need answer
    0%
    Need answer
    0%

The poll is expired.

Do nothing. Your petition with A remains valid as is unless A cancels it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
      In next two months my petetion will be transferred to company 'B' from 'A'. I don't want that to happen. I want to continue my work with company 'A'. Is there any way to invalidate/Stop/Cancel the USCIS request submitted by my new company 'B'.

Comment

Send the request ...

... in writing to the company where you do not want to work. Ask them in writing to stop the processing of your visa transfer.

Of course, they may possibly ask you to pay any damages they might incur due to your change of mind.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pradeepln
          Hi,
          In next two months my petetion will be transferred to company 'B' from 'A'. I don't want that to happen. I want to continue my work with company 'A'. Is there any way to invalidate/Stop/Cancel the USCIS request submitted by my new company 'B'.
          Read the FAQs. An approved transfer does not make it mandatory for one to work for the new employer.

There are ethical and professionalism concerns as you promised a new employer that you will work for them and they spent the money to file a H1b for you and you are withdrawing now.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X