urgent help needed for filling DS-156 form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help needed for filling DS-156 form

i have some queries related to filling DS-156 form. The pages of my first passport got exhausted. So i applied for additional booklet and my passport number was changed in 2nd booklet. On 1st booklet, they stamped it as cancelled. Can somebody Pl. help me with following queries:

1) What should be the passport number in the form. The one in 1st booklet or the new one in second booklet. Accordingly i need to mention the place of issue, issue date, expiry date etc.

2) My passport does not have any surname. Only given name has 2 words/ letters. What should i fill in he form. Should i leave it as blank. Will this create a problem in visa interview. Anybody who had similar experience.

3) What should i fill in National identifiation Number

4) I left job in Oct 2008 and getting married in 3 weeks in nov end. I will be going on H4 visa with my husband.
    4.a)So what should i fill in marital status. Should i fill as per what will be the status on the day of visa interview (as i will be married by that time) or as per the status right now (single). I think it should be married as then only i will able to write spouse's name in the form.
    4.b) What should be the present occupation. Should i fill it up as unemployed?

Somebody Pl. help me with these queries. Its urgent.

Regards,

Originally posted by cool2k7
    i have some queries related to filling DS-156 form. The pages of my first passport got exhausted. So i applied for additional booklet and my passport number was changed in 2nd booklet. On 1st booklet, they stamped it as cancelled. Can somebody Pl. help me with following queries:

1) What should be the passport number in the form. The one in 1st booklet or the new one in second booklet. Accordingly i need to mention the place of issue, issue date, expiry date etc.

2) My passport does not have any surname. Only given name has 2 words/ letters. What should i fill in he form. Should i leave it as blank. Will this create a problem in visa interview. Anybody who had similar experience.

3) What should i fill in National identifiation Number

4) I left job in Oct 2008 and getting married in 3 weeks in nov end. I will be going on H4 visa with my husband.
    4.a)So what should i fill in marital status. Should i fill as per what will be the status on the day of visa interview (as i will be married by that time) or as per the status right now (single). I think it should be married as then only i will able to write spouse's name in the form.
    4.b) What should be the present occupation. Should i fill it up as unemployed?

Somebody Pl. help me with these queries. Its urgent.

Regards,
    for passport you have to right new valid passport number whatever it is.
    name write as per passport, its doent mean that whatever ur name. it should be match with DS156 to passport name thats it..
    currently you are unemployed, so write unemployed or house wife.

Comment

1. Current valid passport number.
      2. There are special instructions for this. Write FNU is First name and entire name under last name. If you have time, get the passport office correct it to say First name is X and Last name is Y.
      3. None
      4. a. Married b. Housewife or Homemaker

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X