No Pay Check and laid off on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pay Check and laid off on H1B

I was on h1b with a consulting company. My employer (desi consultant) laid me off saying they are doing some restructuring of the company. They also told me that they will give me last 3 pay stubs (even though I was not on project). I downloaded the pay stubs online as they told me to do, but I never received any pay check. I mean the pay check numbers are listed on the pay stub but I didn't have pay check. Now I have got my H1B transfer filed with the new employer and already received the receipt but waiting for approval.

What should be the best way I should take and ask my employer to send me the pay checks for last 3 month?(as the check numbers are listed on my pay stubs online)

Do I also have the right to ask them to book a one way ticket to India for me too?

Complain to DOL. Look up WH4 form if they just created pay stubs and kept the checks.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

They must give you a ticket home.

Do not accept the paystubs. It is TAX FRAUD. You will never be able to overcome that when it is discovered. The IRS is a lot less forgiving than ICE/USCIS/DHS.

Complain to the DOL. I am also tempted to say complain to the FBI and IRS.

If your new employer is another consultant, you are likely to continue to be unemployed due to the US economy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X