Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Promised Green Card: NEED ADVICE ASAP

Hello All,

My employer who is a very big US company has promised me GC sponsorship at the time of hire. I was an employee since 2007. For various organizational reasons the process is delayed. My 6 years of H1B expires March 2010. Now the company is going through a merger with another company and the whole GC process is up in the air. I do not have any written agreement on the GC from the employer but several people involved are well aware of this verbal promise.

Now I feel they might come and say they might not be in a position to do the GC with all the merger.

I have very little time and with the current economy I am not sure how soon I can find a company that can do my H1B transfer and at the same time start my GC process immedietly.

I would like to know my rights with the current employer?

Thanks for your answers,

Green card has never been a right. It is up to the employer to sponsor or not.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

What were you ...

... waiting for all this time?

Seems like you may have no choice but to find another sponsor for your GC.

Good luck.

Comment

Talk to your manager and describe your issue. You may have to do some bullS but BS is part of the game.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

In this economy, unless you have some very unique qualifications or a very unique job, you will never get past labor.

A verbal promise is only worth the paper it is writen on or $0.00.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X