Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent: Can I Join Old Employer after H1B Transfer to New Employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Can I Join Old Employer after H1B Transfer to New Employer?

Hello,
    I have valid H1 B Visa stamped in Oct-2008. Still i am in INDIA and waiting for a notification from my USA employer. I have talked with USA Employer and it looks like it may take few months to get project. After that only i can fly to USA.
    Now twist is, My current company in INDIA also planning to send me USA for a long term. still I have not inform them about my H1 B Visa. mostly they will go for L1 visa.

now the problem is, as per my knowledge, we can not get/hold two long term visa. consulate will reject L1 or cancel H1.
    second option is H1 B visa transfer. As per my knowledge, It is possible to transfer H1B from INDIA only. Question is, After H1 B transfer to current company, Can i work with my USA employer in futuer(around after a year)? It might happen that after transfer i will not get suitable long term project. so in this case i am interested to work with USA employer. Can i work with USA employer after H1 B Transfer to current employer.

Is it legal?

Thanks in advance.
    Seeking for help from Seniors urgently.

Yes, it is legal, provided that your old employer has not revoked your H1 after you transferred.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X