L1->H1 ....can I hold on transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1->H1 ....can I hold on transfer?

I am currently working on L1A (valid till May 2010) in NY and have got H1B approved for the current year. I am yet to get the H1B Visa stamped on my passport. My I-797 and all H1b related documents are with my consultant who processed my H1B & change of status.

Looking at current economic conditions, I do not want to go on H1B immediately. But I will be going to India (home country) in January 2009.

I have following queries:
    1. While coming back to US in Feb09, can I continue on L1A and the current company without loosing H1B? Can I keep H1b as well as L1A simultaneously.
    2. If I need to keep only one visa at a time, can I continue on L1A while returning from India and after 6 months get shifted on H1B after economy comes back on track?
    What will I need to do for this?
    3. Which documents should I keep with me to move on H1B in future?

It will be a great help, if you can answer my questions.

It has been told 1000s of times, a COS puts you on H1b and you don't have an option to continue on current status.

Dig up and do some reading.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I appreciate your quick reply. I have visited lot many forums and found many confusing statements. That's the reason at last I came to immihelp. Instead the blunt statement, it would be great if someone shares the reference link or details here.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Read the posts on the H1b forum. Leapfrog is the key word. The blunt reply was cos I answer similar questions almost everyday while someone doesn't care to flip through couple of posts on the forum and get more insight into the matter.

If you don't hear what you want to hear, it may be because that is not the law.
        Last edited by txh1b; 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X