Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping

Hi,

I am planning to schedule appt in Mumbai consulate for H1B for myself and dependent H4 this month & this is going to be my first visit to consulate ...

After verifying all the documents from US employer i found that Part 4 point 5in form I-129 " Are applications by dependents being filed with this petition" - No is checked ..

Can we both go visa interview or do i need to take additional documents from US employer relating to the above.

Thanks in advance

Sai
    Last edited by nsaivamsi; 11-12-2008, 09:01 AM.

Both of you can go. That question is mainly if you and a H4 are already in US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B stamping

Thanks TxH1b for your reply ..

So no supporting documents for dependent h4 are required from US Employer.

plz correct me if i am wrong.

thanks,

sai

Comment

Not needed if she is attending along with you. Some give a letter saying xyz is your spouse and to grant her a H4 dependent visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B Stamping

We both are planning to attend interview on the same day for visa interview in mumbai.

My Q is -

1) Do we need to book two slots or one is enough for interview.

Bank fees we have taken seperately.

2) In form DS156 Column 34. . Names and Relationships of Persons Traveling With You - do i need to enter spouse details over here ?

3) My sister is working in US on H1B (she went for study and got h1 status oct 08) ... shall i mention it or not in DS forms.

Comment

1. Each one needs a separate appointment. However, a H4 can be added to the H1b appointment while booking after filling out the forms, use "add dependent".
            2. Yes
            3. You have to.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X