Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamped in 2007 but never travelled till date

Hi,

I got H1B visa in October 2007 but never travelled on that visa to US. I never thought of going to US at that point of time. However, I had been to US on B1, couple of times from my current Indian company.

Now, another consultant has approached me and he asked me to get the visa and I797 transferred with his company. This process will take 2-3 months.

My query is at Port of Landing in US will immigration officer will have any concerns and can he ask why didn't I travel earlier and why am I travelling now?

Also, how is the job market in US? Is it wise to move to US now?

Thanks,
    ~Deepinder

Originally posted by deepindersingh_leo
    My query is at Port of Landing in US will immigration officer will have any concerns and can he ask why didn't I travel earlier and why am I travelling now?
    Ensure the company is good and enter only after you get the approval notice. Not an issue to enter with a new company and existing visa at all.

Most of the small time consulting companies are big time jerks which you need to beware of.

The market is slow and if you have a decent job overseas, delay it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X