Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 to H1

Hello,

My H1 visa was approved this year. Because of the current job market, I am considering going back to H4 till the market improves. I understand that my next employer will be required to file a new H1B on my behalf. But will I be subject to H1B cap at that time? My current H1B is valid till Oct 2011.

Thank you

Read the FAQs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Read the question.

Comment

What now? I did even before I answered earlier. It is you that missed doing your homework. I help the lazy by providing a link to the FAQs in my signature.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by yeshu
          Hello,

My H1 visa was approved this year. Because of the current job market, I am considering going back to H4 till the market improves. I understand that my next employer will be required to file a new H1B on my behalf. But will I be subject to H1B cap at that time? My current H1B is valid till Oct 2011.

Thank you
          Was your h1b applied with COS and you are currently not working ? then you are out of status presently. If this is the case there will be a problem while going back on H4.

Your H1B is already approved, so you are already cap counted. For next employer you have to file a transfer with an approved petition.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X