H1 B petition Approved..can i apply for L1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B petition Approved..can i apply for L1B

I had appllied for an H1B thru a consultant xyz and the petition stands approved. Meanwhile my current employer is applying for a L1B (Blanket). I have never gone for any stamping.. will there be an issue with my VISA if I get my L1B stamped?

Thanks.

No issues.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Case specifics

Same fate back in 2007. Be cautious. If you have filed for a L1 B and then take up the H1 B interview (especially at the Chennai consulate) there is a good chance for the 221(g). In my case the VO was 'exceptionally' confused - she was probably doing IM chat with a colleague and finally that colleague came to her desk and they discussed.
      Only after 10 minutes of such discussion did she provide me with the 221(g) in Oct '07. So, if you plan to file for the L1 B and then take up the H1 B Visa Interview be prepared for such outcomes - though, I might be an exception and not the example.
      If you already got your L1 B stamped on the passport - travel to the US on it. Later, you can file for a COS from L1 to H1 with your H1 employer. Generally takes 3 months for the response from USCIS - one can go for Premium with a 1000 dollars down and get results in a fortnight too. Downside here is - quitting your L1 B employer (who might have a 3 month notice period back in India).
      Rgds,
      MN
      Rgds,
      MN

If you feel the above comment is outdated/invalid/incorrect, please correct me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X