Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1

Hi

I am in company A in L1 (Regular) status and company B is ready to apply for H1B for 2009. I have the one query and please help me.

Is is possible to apply H1B without Change of Status (COS) i,e I dont want i94 with the new petition so I can go out of this country and get it stamped whenever I need. Also I can stay in US in L1 till I get a good job even after October? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jkghere; 11-18-2008, 09:54 AM.

Possible and if it is not COS, you can remain in current status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks txh1b for the prompt reply.

Is that called H1b with "consular notification" ?

Comment

Consular Notification

From what I understand this means that the office that issued the I 797 Notice Of Action would have notified the US Consulate in a foreign location (like Delhi) to validate the candidate/employee for the Visa Classification considered.
        Other options are the office issuing the I 797 could also notify a Pre Flight Inspection station or a Port of Entry too. If a COS was filed, the attorney could request for these too - since in your case it was a fresh H1 with no COS the USCIS Office notified the Consulate about the Approved Petition so you could attend the Visa Interview.
        That is my understanding, which might be incorrect. txh1b or someone who has a better knowledge on the subject could correct me if I am wrong.
        Rgds,
        MN
        Rgds,
        MN

If you feel the above comment is outdated/invalid/incorrect, please correct me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X