Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping in INDIA - visa expired more than one year

Hi,

My first Visa stamped (@chennai consulate) on my passport got expired on 30SEP2007. After that i was on H1B extension (I-94 was valid till 07-10-2009). I am planning to go to india in JAN'09 and would like get stamped in india. Can i get stamped in either delhi or mumbai (travelling via delhi/mumbai :-) ) or i need to go to chennai only.

Does any one have any information on HYD consulate appointments? Like when can we start applying for the appintment dates etc

If i come back to USA in March'09, is it going to be an issue at the port of entry because i am so close to the expiration of H1B (July10 2009).

Please advice on this.

Thanks in advance!

I would be interested in replies for the 1st question... for my H-1B renewal, can I apply for an appointment at NewDelhi or other consulates though Chennai is the closest to my home town with Chennai having no available slots.
    Are there any restrictions w.r.t this.
    Thanks.
    Raja S.

Comment

You can apply at any consulate for renewal but you will run some risk of being redirected to chennai. hyd consulate is not up yet. You can return without any problems in Mar 09.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X