No announcement yet.

I94 expired, H1 expired, H1 sent for premium processing, can i travel outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 expired, H1 expired, H1 sent for premium processing, can i travel outside

Appreciate your reply on my case as below

I94 expired : 11/12/08
    6th yr H1 expired : 11/12/08
    7th yr H1 Extn sent for premium processing : 11/10/08 (PERM filed over 365 days, not yet recvd)

Qtns:
    1) Need to travel urgently to india 11/25 mostly before H1 gets approved, when i leave, at airport will submit EXPIRED I-94. So will i be "unlawful presence" or "out of status" when i leave as submitting 10 days over expired i94

2) H1 Extension gets approved when in india, can i go to consulate with H1 ext approval for stamping, any issues ?

3) While re-entering US on 12/15/07 or whenever after approved H1 extension 797 & stampedVisa , will there be any issues as may show "unlawful presence" or "out of status" in USCIS records ?

Thanks & God bless

Risky to travel unless absolutely necessary. Refer to "cloning" posts on the forum.

1. No issues. Carry proof that H1b was applied before I-94 expired while returning. No one cares while you leave.

2. No issues. What if it results in a lengthy delay?

3. No. Refer to 1.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

If all 3 points are no issues, why is it risky to travel ?
      Also since i have filed H1B Premium, i am hopinfg no lenghty delay

Please reply

Thanks & God bless

Comment

cloning ?

Also how do i find the cloning posts, can u please send the link/s

Comment

Use the search functionality on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X