Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer

Hi,

I was working for a company A, layed off recently on 16-Oct-2008. One of my friend referred me some company B and that company applied for visa transfer on 25-Oct-2008. Its been a month that applied for visa transfer and I still did not receive the EAC.no/receipt notice. Since the market is not good and they are restricting the visas, I am very much worried about my H1 transfer. Could any body please help me in replying with your suggestions/experiences if you or your friends facing this situation? My H1 had been revoked, my old company(A) said on 10-Nov-2008. Will USCIS going to approve my case? Can I stay in the country in this situation? Is there is any other place where we can track our processing with out the EAC number?

I would appreciate all your inputs/suggestions.

Thanks,
    Krishna

Just filing for a transfer from XYZ consulting company will not help. If you have a real job/client with XYZ, then USCIS has no reason to deny the transfer as long as the criteria are met.

Your old company can revoke the H1b and as long as you were in status at the time of filing of the transfer, you can work for B.

If you are so worried, go for premium processing.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X