Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel to india when there is H1 transfer in place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel to india when there is H1 transfer in place?

Hello There,

Here is my situation. I am working for Company A (who is holding my H1b) since Dec 07. Now the project comes to an end by Dec 31st and I would like to go to India for a month of vacation and come back and search for a new project.

Now that I have another employer Company B (who is a middle vendor) of my current project, eagerly and literally forcing me to apply for a H1 transfer to his company before this year end and the project end, so that he can run a payroll for me and issue a W2. I am ok to tranfer my visa to the company B. But I dont understand why he is forcing me to get me in his payroll before this year end. I just dont want to get into any trap here..

Another thing is, I am a little worried about doing a transfer now as I have my travel plans right after my project ends. I heard that H1 transfer may take 3 to 4 months to get completed. I dont want to end up in some problems in coming back to US after a month in Feb 09 because of any issue with my transfer.

Please let me know whether there will be any possible problems/issues that I may run into.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Travel while H1 transfer is pending is no advisable.

Search for word "cloning" and read more. No comments on the trap issue.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X