Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 to h1 without Change of status

Hi
    I received my H1b approval notice which is valid from oct 1st 2008. But I received it without I-94 and my approval notice mentioned H1b chennai ?
    I am currently in h4 extension period .
    Do i need to go to India for stamping ? If I go and my h1b gets rejected , i need to go for h4 stamping again, will it be approved ? Is there any way to apply for my COS without leaving the country? I dont know whether my employer applied for COS when filing my H1b petition .
    or i read in the forum , if i do h1b transfer, i will get i-94, Is it possible to do the new H1b transfer without pay stubs?
    Please advice. I am in critical position .

Read the faqs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Sorry, I did not find the answer for my question in FAQ. Can you please explain it ? I need to know whether i can file h1B with company B now, so that there is a chance for me to get my approval with I-94?

Comment

Your COS was possibly not approved as your I-94 for current status might have expired and were in the extension period.

If you apply for a H1b transfer through another employer after getting the H4 extension approved, the COS will likely get approved. Your current employer could as well file for an amendment to get COS approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My h4 extension has been approved a year back. I will try with my company A to get my COS , if not i will try the second option. Thanks a lot .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X