Urgent: employer threatening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: employer threatening

I have H1-B visa and my consultant employer is totally irresponsible as he himself could not arrange even a single interview for me since last 6 months. He made discouraging comments of other people committing suicides due to bad economy but he himself has not put any effort in placing me. He forced me to sign a contract for a very high amount to stay with him for 24 months. I did not want to sign it, but I had to. He never gave copies of LCA, I-129 or Offer Letter. He repeatedly threatened me to revoke my visa and to send me back to home country. I have been stressed out because of mental torture by him.
    As an evidence of my persistent work, now I have a full time offer despite having an economic recession in USA. To transfer H1-B, I need pay stubs. He never paid me and always threatened to deport me if I ask about pay checks.
    I am so depressed, that I probably will have to see a doctor in home country because I do not have a health insurance through my H1-B employer. I want to seek advice from people about what steps I can make to get rid of the troubles and mental stress caused by the H1B employer and his ways of working. Please help. I am afraid if he sues me for the amount on contract, can I sue him back on his threats and stress caused by him? What are my options apart from DoL?

Search for "Neufield" memo on the forum. If you complain against the employer, there are some provisions that allow you to do a transfer.

But why did you wait for 6 months!!!!!?????

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X