Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-h1: STILL havent recieved APPROVAL NOTICE

Hi
    I am currently in US and is in L1. I was selected in lot for H1.
    But i havent recieved my approval notice:

My current status as per uscis for H1B petition is :
    Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable

1. What is my current Status
    2. If the case is approved what my I94 will have .Will it have a start date of october. In this case whether my current stay ON L1 will have any issues.
    3. Does my status change only when the USICS WEBSITE SHOWS "approved "for the petition.

Please help me

thanks

1. Depends on how it was filed. If it is COS, it will be H1b most likely as the status would have already changed upon approval.
    2. You cannot remain on L1 past the COS date or approval date, whichever is later.
    3. No. The petition is already approved as it was returned as non-deliverable.

Look at leapfrog if you want to save your L1 and return again after travel to home country as per many lawyers. Consult one.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The problem is even my employer doesnt know whether its approved.The uscis is asking to send the mail and they will reply in 45 days. Since we are not able to find the current status i am not able to make a decision.

The content as per website is this
      "the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER as undeliverable"

So what is the best way to know the status? There is a chance that the petition can be rejected also because of these issue as per my employer.So he doesnt want me to start working until he gets the original copy of approval .

Any suggestions in this case

Comment

Ask your lawyer. It is your status that is at risk. The employer will be fine if you violate your status.

COS is never good idea as you can see it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X