Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 To H4

Hi ,

I have some quick decision to make. can someone answer my question?

Iam currently working in US on L1 Visa. I have valid H4 visa also.
    The project which iam currently working got over and I dont want to go back to India and be in US on H4 visa. Can someone tell me the process of change of status from L1 to H4?
    Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks.

Use I-539 form for COS.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Hi thanks for the quick response. How many days wil it take for i539 processing..
      otherwise wil it work this way..going to canada and coming back in h4?

Comment

If you have a valid visa, you can travel out and enter. Key is to get a new I-94 with a new status by returning your old I-94.

This will put you back on H4. Canada does not give a new I-94 for travel less than 30 days. So, if you can convince the POE officer that you are trying to change status to H4, they will issue the new I-94. You may want to carry proof of your spouse maintaining H1b status (I797, latest paystub, employment letter) in case you get asked for those at the border.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by irvine001
          Hi thanks for the quick response. How many days wil it take for i539 processing..
          Check with the service centre website. Probably 2-4 months.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X