Passport not stamped at I-94 counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport not stamped at I-94 counter

I arrived from India last week and just noticed yesterday that the passport has not been stamped with the "Admitted" stamp at the port of Entry immigration counter. The I-94 counterfoil has been stamped correctly and has a valid date. My port of entry was Chicago and my final destination is Atlanta and this is where I am now.

I am not sure what I should do to get it corrected. I went to the Atlanta Airport yesterday and someone told me to go to the local USCIS office in Atlanta. But the problem is I do not see any Infopass appointments available at the local office on the web.

Please help me if someone has experienced such a problem. I do not know what the consequences of it could be and want to get it corrected as soon as possible.

Thanks!

USCIS cannot do anything about it. CBP could have done it. As long as you have the stamp on I-94, you are fine. Make digital copies of it and save it.

Some CBP officers forget, do the wrong things. The CBP is Atlanta should have taken care of it as you already have a valid I-94. Try again by going to CBP in Atlanta and ask to speak to a supervisor.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks! I will again try going to the Atlanta airport and contact the CBP.

Comment

you do not need that. as long as you have valid I-94 you are fine.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
          USCIS cannot do anything about it. CBP could have done it. As long as you have the stamp on I-94, you are fine. Make digital copies of it and save it.

Some CBP officers forget, do the wrong things. The CBP is Atlanta should have taken care it as you already have a valid I-94. Try again by going to CBP in Atlanta and ask to speak to a supervisor.
          I also had the same problem yesterday. The I 94 is stamped correctly but the passport is not stamped at Atlanta. Is it mandatory to visit the Atlanta CBP to clear the is issue?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X