Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correcting the I-94 error by CBP officer at POE

Hi

I got an H1B extension for 3 years in April 2008 when I switched my employer along with a new I94 issued by USCIS (expiry: April, 2011). While coming back from a trip to India on Dec 13, the immigration officer at POE (SFO) without looking at my latest H1B approval notice wrote Sep 28th, 2009 as the expiration date on the I-94 (expiry date for my old H1B visa stamp). To fix this error, I visited the local USCIS office and took an InfoPass appointment with the "immigration officer". She said it is not required to change the date on my I-94.

I do not plan to visit outside US before Sep 2009. Does my stay in the US become illegal after that? Do I need to see a CBP officer to get this error rectified? What should I be doing to maintain my H1B status after Sep 2009? Does filing for an H1B extension is the only option left if I don't want to travel before Sep 2009?

Thanks,

Yes, you need to get it correctedwith cbp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X