221g yellow form at Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g yellow form at Delhi

I had my H1b(first stamping) in Delhi on 29th Dec. I have been in US for around 4 years now and also did my masters there. I was asked couple of routine questions and then the VO said that my application will need some Additional Processing,he kept my Passport, DS157,156 and my Approval Notice. He gave me a yellow form of 221g
    I also had a similar situation while my F1 visa 3 years back, i think its a Name check thing because my last name is Singh. It took 30 days last time but the VO said that it should take much less time this time.

Is there someone out there with similar situation(221g yellow form with passport kept)?
    What is the best way to track the progress(Any direct contact info in US)?

passport is with consulte is a gud news. submit the docs n u r gud2go.

Comment

Same thing

Hey,
      The same thing has happened to me on 15th. Can you tell me how far has your application progressed?

Comment

Originally posted by a_mitian
        I had my H1b(first stamping) in Delhi on 29th Dec. I have been in US for around 4 years now and also did my masters there. I was asked couple of routine questions and then the VO said that my application will need some Additional Processing,he kept my Passport, DS157,156 and my Approval Notice. He gave me a yellow form of 221g
        I also had a similar situation while my F1 visa 3 years back, i think its a Name check thing because my last name is Singh. It took 30 days last time but the VO said that it should take much less time this time.

Is there someone out there with similar situation(221g yellow form with passport kept)?
        What is the best way to track the progress(Any direct contact info in US)?
        don'tworry, this process time frame is never decided but if VO told you its take lessthen 30days then this is the internal process of Embassy not USCIS as per your message it means. just wait they will inform you by phone or email, they gives u submition list of any documents in your reciept?? if yes then submit it at vfs or mentioned window, because when you submit that document from that day they will start process, if they not mentioned any submition of documents then wait upto 20days if they not reply you in 20days then contact to VFS.

Comment

My situation

Hi,

My situation is the exact same as mithian's I came in 2006 to get my H1b stamped for the first time, they held me back for 6 months and I got my visa approved. Now I came back to get my H1B stamped the second time, the VO took my passport and documents and said my visa is approved but also added that I will be put under the verification and gave me a yellow 221g slip.
          She said it will take less than the last time. But less than 6 months is a long time.
          anybody has any suggestions what i can do about this.

Please help.

Comment

Some common names have been running into this problem. Do you have something like Kumar, Amit or the likes? Those were the ones that had issues.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Check for 221g in the forum. You are not alone.

Originally posted by singh2007
              Hi,
              Went to delhi on 12/23/2009 for stamping H1b (first time) completed masters in mechanical from us in 2009 and got h1b this year on undergrad (India). They kept my passport and i797, have a case number to check online. anyone on same page.
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X