Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i travel on valid B1 after 221(g) issued on H1

Hi,
    I got my B1 visa through Employer A,travelled and returned back to India in 2006. I attended visa interview for H1B through Employer B on dec 2008, i was issued a 221(g) blue form, seeking documents of Employer B. I havent yet proceeded any steps further. Now my current employer wants me to travel on B1.

Can any one let me know:
    1.Whether i can travel on my existing,valid B1 now, when my H1B is on 221(g).
    2. Is it legal to travel on B1 of my current employer, when H1B is on 221(g)
    Please let me know your thoughts.
    3. Will there be any questions,rejection at port of entry in the US.

Please let me know your thoughts.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Will it affect my H1B,if i travel in B1

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply. I have one more query, request you to clarify the same.

If i travel in B1 visa, while my H1B is on 221(g), will my H1B become void and unusable. Please let me know about your thoughts

Comment

No

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

Hi txh1b,
          Thanks for your clarifications.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X