Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Question - Nearest Consulate Chennai but would like to attend in Mumbai/Kolkata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Question - Nearest Consulate Chennai but would like to attend in Mumbai/Kolkata

Hi,

I am currently working in USA and have to attend H1B stamping in INDIA during my vacation. I have to attend the Interview in Chennai consulate but because of rejections in Chennai, I am planning to attend either in Mumbai/Kolkata.

Please advise me whether I can attend in a Mumbai/Kolkata.
    What kind of questions do we expect and what are valid answers?
    Also let me know how are the current stampings at these locations. Are the Visa seekers getting Visas stamped or rejected?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

You can't do that and will be redirected back to Chennai.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and here is my next question. Please answer.

When we go to vfs-usa.co.in website to book the appointment, it asks 'Are you a resident of India/Bhutan or An Indian citizen resident in USA'. Since we are working on H1B in USA, I assume that we should select the 2nd option.
      Please correct if you thing I am wrong.

When I select the 2nd option, it asks for 'At which post would you like to be interviewed?' where all the consulates are in dropdown list. It shows that we can choose the consulate if you are already in USA.

Again I see some posts where they say they attended a different consulate and got it successfully. I also see some where they are referred to the home state.

This is not to question your knowledge. Since we are in critical position I am seeking more information to take a decision.

Comment

Please let me know your visa stamping experience. Did you had your interview at kolkata or chennai? I will be going to India for a vacation soon and I am from chennai. I need to decide on booking appointment either in chennai or kolkata. My case is L1B->H1B. Had my first stamping(L1B) in Chennai.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X